UGC Has Launched “NEP SAARTHI” at Campuses of HEIs to Promote NEP 2020
The National Education Policy (NEP) 2020 is a significant reform that seeks to change the Indian educational system by emphasizing quality, equity, and access. Convergence and cooperation among various regulatory agencies, the Union and State Governments, and higher education institutions (HEIs) are driving forces behind the implementation of the NEP 2020.
University Grants Commission (UGC), being the leading organization to implement NEP 2020, calls for collective contribution and commitment from all key stakeholders, such as Vice Chancellors/ Directors/ Principals of Universities/ Institutions and Colleges and, most importantly, students to promote the NEP 2020.
To enhance students’ participation and make them aware of the various reforms of the higher education system, the UGC is launching the “NEP SAARTHI” at campuses of HEIs. The initiative will bring together students as active participants in the implementation of the NEP 2020.
What are the Objective ?
- To create awareness and promote the initiatives of NEP 2020 among students on campus
- To encourage and motivate students to actively participate in implementing the NEP 2020 initiatives
- To establish a feedback mechanism for the UGC to understand the impact of NEP 2020 initiatives on students and address their concerns.
- The total number of NEP SAARTHI will be 300.
Who Can File Nomination?
- Students who are currently undergoing higher education at various levels can participate in this initiative
- Students pursuing certificate/ diploma/ undergraduate/ postgraduate degree
- The nominated students are expected to have an outstanding personality, possess excellent communication skills, organizational capabilities for conducting outreach programmes, creativity, sense of responsibility along with being a team leader.
How to file the Nomination ?
- UGC will seek nominations from the Vice Chancellors, Directors, and Principals of HEIs and eminent academicians
- Each university may nominate upto 3 students to be considered as NEP SAARTHI, along with a brief write-up justifying the nominations
- Based on the nominations, UGC will select 300 NEP SAARTHI among the nominees
- UGC will announce the NEP SAARTHIs and communicate to the students
- NEP SAARTHI will be oriented and guided to carry out their roles effectively by the UGC in a hybrid mode
Timeline for Announcement:
- Inviting Nominations: May 2023
- Deadline for receiving Nominations: June 2023
- Announcement of NEP SAARTHIs: July 2023
- Orientation of NEP SAARTHIs: July 2023
Felicitation of the NEP SAARTHI:
- Recognition by UGC as “NEP SAARTHI” and “Certificate of Recognition” to be awarded
- Mention on UGC’s official social media handles
- Invitation to all relevant online events organised by the UGC
- Opportunity to publish an article in UGC Newsletter
Role of NEP SAARTHI:
- Work as an ambassador to promote NEP 2020
- Create awareness regarding NEP 2020
- Disseminate information regarding NEP 2020
- Promote NEP 2020 initiatives on social media
- Collect feedback from students to improve the implementation of NEP 2020
- Provide guidance to students and other stakeholders regarding NEP 2020 initiatives and how they can benefit from them
Responsibilities of NEP SAARTHI
- Organize awareness drives regarding the latest NEP initiatives
- Connect with student groups
- Establish meaningful dialogue among students, faculty members, administrators and the UGC.
- Prepare brief notes on each NEP initiative for display on campus
- Plan events, debates, discussions, competitions, quizzes, Nukkads, Chaupals
- Initiate social media activities or campaigns
- Set up NEP help desks at college fests