Education Budget 2022: Centres of Excellence, Digital University, Skilling MSMEs, Urban Planning to be set up | Major Highlights
One of the major education budget announcements was the creation of Digital University. This was very much in line with the expectations of the entire education fraternity. This would mark the beginning of an era where the mode of learning will be personified and it can be availed at every doorstep.
It proposed 200 TV channels along with the creation of high quality e-content that would be available in different channels in multiple regional languages under the PM Vidya Scheme. This will address the persistent digital inequalities, thus making education affordable, accessible and suitable for all.
Here are some of the key highlights of Education Budget 2022:
- “Hub and spoke model” has been proposed with the best universities which aligns with the policies of NEP for promoting multidisciplinary degree granting HEIs.
- Special focus on Agricultural Research and Education by creating a special University.
- Focus should be on skilling the agri sectors, MSMEs, digital health ecosystem with IIIT, thus providing all kinds of technical support.
- Special centre and University of excellence for clean tech and urban planning.
- Quality e-content to be created through different means. Teachers will be trained to utilize better e-teaching outcomes.
- Academic Institutes to be supported and encouraged for Research and Development under the ambit of Defence Budget.
- 5 Centres of Excellence to be established with an endowment fund of Rs. 250 crore for Urban Planning courses assisting the Urban Sector Development.
Education Budget 2022 is the next level growth budget which is planned with scalability, sustainability, continuity, capacity building and self-sufficiency at its very core. The budget sees a special encouragement and impetus for the clean tech and startups and mainly focuses on industrial output, thereby empowering inclusivity and micro small and medium enterprises.