NEP 2020 to introduce adult and lifelong learning program
The Government of India planned to initiate Adult Education and Lifelong Learning under the National Education Policy 2020. The Union Budget 2021-22 declaration has been made to empower increased access to resources. Online modules covering the whole range of adult education will be presented.
The objectives of the plan are to give essential proficiency and numeracy as well as to cover different parts which are important for a resident of the 21st century like basic fundamental abilities (including digital literacy, financial literacy, commercial skills, child care and education, health care, and awareness, and family welfare); professional abilities improvement (with a view towards acquiring nearby work); fundamental training (counting preliminary, center, and optional stage equivalency); and proceeding with instruction (counting drawing in all-encompassing grown-up training courses in expressions, sciences, innovation, culture, sports, and amusement, as well as different subjects of interest or use to neighborhood students, like further developed material on basic fundamental abilities).
Adult Education and Lifelong Learning execution
The plan will be executed through volunteerism through online mode. The preparation, direction, studios of volunteers, might be coordinated in face-to-face mode.
All hardware and assets will be given carefully to simple admittance to enlisted volunteers through effectively open advanced modes, viz, TV, radio, PDA based free/open-source Apps/gateways, and so on
The plan will cover non-literates of the age of 15 years or more in all states/UTs in the country.
Adult Education and Lifelong Learning: Salient highlights
- The school will be the unit for the execution of the plan.
- Schools to be utilized for directing overview of recipients and voluntary Teachers (VTs).
- Various procedures are to be taken on for various age gatherings.
- Central Literacy and Numeracy will be bestowed through Critical Life Skills to all non-literates in the age group of 15 years or more.
- Utilization of Technologies to bestow Adult Education for more extensive inclusion of the plan.