‘Dialogue India’ Scripts History in India-UAE Educational Ties
Dubai: Providing a solid platform to the Indian Higher Education Institutions, global investors and the foreign students aspiring for world-class education in India, the 5th Dialogue India Academia Conclave 2019 concluded in the world’s glittering city Dubai on May 2, 2019. Over a hundred dignitaries from the United Arab Emirates (UAE) and India discussed in details how the Indian educational institutions can collectively act as a bridge between the needs of the industry globally and the skilled Indian workforce. Over a dozen investors from Dubai discussed the investment opportunities in India through the Indian institutions.
In his keynote address, Shri Vipul, the Consulate General of India in UAE, discussed the focus of both India and UAE on innovations and how artificial intelligence is now the new focus area. He stressed that the Indian higher education institutions should focus on the needs of the growing areas and also skill upgradation of the existed workforce. He expressed satisfaction over the high growth in entrepreneurs in India during the last few years. He pointed out that the Indian and UAE authorities are discussing seriously to overcome the problem of certification. He called upon the Indian institutions to branch out their expertise globally and tap the students from across the world.
Director General of Sharjah Chamber of Commerce Shri Abdelaziz Mohamed Shattaf graced the Conclave with his presence at the inaugural session and hoped that it would help UAE getting quality skilled workforce. President of GTC Group of Companies Shri RK Mahato, who was the backbone of the entire Conclave in Dubai, said it is just the beginning and this ‘dialogue’ would touch new heights in the coming years. Managing Director of GTCS Global Shri Rakesh Ranjan, who has been CEO and Advisor of HFZA, Government of Sharjah and also CEO of ETA InfoTech (Al Ghurair Group) said the Conclave provided answers to many questions confronting the Indian higher education sector and the Indian diaspora. India’s renowned poet Shri Gajendra Solanki thrilled the audience with his poems.
At the concluding session, Director General Federation of Indian Chambers and Commerce (FICCI) Shri Dilip Chenoy said the Conclave is very timely and the dialogue should continue. He said India is now the part of global engineering. He said the certified skilled persons from India would get relaxations in Visa in UAE.
President of Association of Indian Universities, Government of India and Vice Chancellor of SRM Institute of Science and Technology Shri Sandeep Sancheti said the Government of India has granted autonomy to many institutions and as they are expanding, they are attracting a higher number of students from across the world. He said Indian institutions are now in the position to offer everything the foreign students expect. He also discussed the idea of creating a National Academic Credit Bank for quality faculty.
Chief Editor of ‘Dialogue India’ Shri Anuj Agrawal said the national ranking was started ten years back to promote the Indian institutions working excellently. He said the comprehensive ranking of private universities, private engineering colleges, private medical colleges, private deemed universities, private management colleges, private dental colleges, government autonomous institutions, pharmacy colleges, law colleges, mass com. colleges, hotel management colleges and applied/fine art colleges have been done. Starting from the ranking of north Indian institutions and then the national ranking the Academia Conclave has now become a global event.
Link of E-Edition of Dialogue India National Ranking 2019 –
The eminent dignitaries who joined the Conclave included Managing Director of Bee’ah Shri Mohammad Al Housni – MD, Bee’ah, Ms Alia Al Hajri from Sharjah Economy, Shri Khalanthar from SEMS, Shri Humaid from UAQ Executive Council, Shri Anurag Malhotra from G Media, Shri Rajesh from Sharjah Investment Authority, Shri Vipin from DMCC, Shri Nimish Makwana from IBPC, former Chairman of ICAI and now Director of Al Shirawi Shri Naveen Sharma, Director Deloitte & Vice Chairman of ICAI Shri Aneesh Mehta, former President of IBPC Ms Bindu Chittur MD of Delta Group Shri Shiraz Osman, founder of 7cs Group Shri Harshad Mehta, Ms Sripriya from IBPCm Director of Bee’ah Ms Shami, Ms Meenakshi from Asia One Magazine, Shri Ahmed Suroor from UAQ Economic Department, president Gulf Maharashtra Business Council Dr Sunil, Shri Fazil from Hali Management, etc.
Following institutions from India awarded by Dialogue India Academia Award -2019
Awardees category wise –
- SRM Institute of Science and Technology (Deemed to be University) – 3rd Best Private (Deemed to be University) of India – 2019
- VINAYAKA MISSIONS RESEARCH FOUNDATION – Most Progressive Medical University & Group of South India with consistent Qualitative Services
- GLA University, Mathura, UP – Best University of India – 2019
- Jaypee University of Information Technology, Solan, HP – Third Best University of India – 2019
- REVA University – Best University of South India – 2019
- Amity University, Gwalior, MP – Best Media and Communication Department in Madhya Pradesh – 2019
- Usha Martin University – Best University of East India – 2019
- Mangalayatan University – Most Progressive University of North India – 2019
- ERA University, Lucknow. UP – Best Emerging University of UP – 2019
- Karnawati University – Best Emerging University of Gujrat – 2019
- Vivekananda Global University, Jaipur – Best Emerging University of Rajasthan – 2019
- BHARTIYA SKILL DEVELOPMENT UNIVERSITY – Best Skills University in India – 2019
Management College/Individual Category
- ASM Group of Institutions – Best Management School of West India – 2019
- Suryadatta Group of Institutes – Best Educational Group of Institutes West India – 2019
- TALENT2SEARCH – Industry Innovation Award for Most Promising Education Startup – 2019
- TRIUNE CONSULTANCY – Excellence in Internationalization of Indian Education – 2019
- Dr Rajendra Kumar Joshi, Founder & Chairman – BHARTIYA SKILL DEVELOPMENT UNIVERSITY – Editor Choice Education Excellency Award – Global Inspirational Icon in Skill Education – 2019
- Dr Sendilkumar, Dean – VINAYAKA MISSIONS RESEARCH FOUNDATION – Editor Choice Education Excellency Award – Excellence in Student Counselling & Placements – 2019
- Dr Manpreet Singh Manna – Editor Choice Education Excellency Award for Making Indian Education Affordable and Reachable – 2019
- Amity University, Gwalior, MP – Best Media and Communication Department in Madhya Pradesh – 2019
Medical /Dental Colleges
- Era’s Lucknow Medical College, Lucknow – Best Private Medical College of Uttar Pradesh – 2019 & Best Private Medical College in North, East & NE India – 2019 (For Consistency Services to Humanity & Innovative Research)
- Karnavati School of Dentistry, Ahmedabad – Best Private Dental College of West & Central India – 2019
- DAV Centenary Dental College, Yamunanagar Haryana – Best Dental College of North India – 2019
- Ajay Kumar Garg Engineering College, Ghaziabad, UP – Best Engineering College of Uttar Pradesh – 2019 (Among top 5 engineering colleges of North & NE India)
- KIET Group of Institutions, Ghaziabad, UP – Best Engineering College of Uttar Pradesh – 2019 (Among top 5 engineering colleges of North & NE India)
- SD College of Engineering & Technology. Muzaffarnagar, UP – Editor Choice Education Excellency award – 2019 (Consistent Qualitative Services in the Field of Engineering Education)
- KSR ENGINEERING COLLEGE – Excellence Award for Technology & Engineering Education, Tamil Nadu – 2019
- ITI BEAWAR, RAJASTHAN – Best ITI in PPP Model for Skill Development & Placements – 2019
The Conclave witnessed three-panel discussions. The first discussion, moderated by MD and Co-founder of Edu Alliance Ltd and former Vice Chancellor of Higher College of Technology, UAE Dr Senthil Nathan, was joined by retired IAS Dr Kamal Taori, Director, BITS Pilani, UAE, Dr RN Saha, Vice Chancellor of Academics and Dean, College of Medicine, Gulf Medical University Dr Manda Venkatramana, president of RAK Medical and Health Sciences University Dr S Gurumadhva Rao and Chairman of ASM Group of Institutions, Pune, Dr Sandeep Pachpande. Shri Rakesh Ranjan, MD of GTCS Global, gave a presentation on GTS Global. Director Branding with ICFAI Group Shri Sudhakar Rao delivered a special talk on “Innovation, Technology & Entrepreneurial Mindset: The Changing Landscape of Indian Higher Education”. There was also a special presentation on ERA Medical College, Lucknow.
The second panel discussion, moderated by Chief News Coordinator of ‘Organiser Weekly’ and General Secretary of Delhi Journalists Association Dr Pramod Kumar, discussed the “Role of Indian Education in the Global Economic Landscape”. It was joined by Chairman of Suryadatta Group of Institutes (Pune) Dr Sanjay Choradiya, former director of AICTE Dr Manpreet Singh Manna, former Director General of Nehru Yuvak Kendra Sangathan Major General (retd) Dilawar Singh, MD of Edu Alliance Ltd Dr Senthil Nathan, Dean of Vinayaka Missions & Research Foundation (Salem, TN) Dr Sendilkumar and director of Bharatiya Skills Development University, Jaipur, Shri Ravi K Goyal.
The third penal discussion on the topic “How Education Collaboration between India and UAE can be leveraged for Innovation, Incubation and Entrepreneurship” was moderated by Director of Discovery Education India, Shri Siddharth Jain. It was joined by Principal and Director of Delhi Private School (Dubai) Smt Rashmi Nandkeoyalar, director of Counselling Point Training & Development Ms Reema Menon Vellat, chairman and MD of Raj Group of Companies, (UAE) Dr Mustafa Sasa, head of Academics, Skyline University College, UAE, Dr Deepak Kalra, Director of Talent2Search Shri Vijaykrishnana Palakkad and president of Employers Association of Rajasthan Shri Narendra Kumar Jain.
There was also a special discussion by Sahaj Agrawal with India’s wonder boy Aditya who at the age of 12 has wondered many globally through his extraordinary talent. Registrar of Bharatiya Skill Development University, Jaipur, Prof. Achintya Choudhury delivered a special talk on Skill Development. The day-long Conclave began and concluded with the National Anthem of UAE and India. After the national anthems of both the nations, the traditional lamp were lighted by the prominent dignitaries including Indian Consulate General Shri Vipul, DG of Sharjah Chamber of Commerce Shri Abdelaziz Mohamed Shattaf and Shri RK Mahato. The all India Ranking of Indian Higher Education Institutions by ‘Dialogue India’ was released by the dignitaries at the inaugural session. Shri Rahul Jain from FMA Digital presented closing remarks.
The event was conducted in association with FMA Digital, Discovery education Media Pvt Ltd and HTC Global.
Link of a photo album of Dialogue India Conclave, Ranking & Awards – 2019 at Taj Dubai, UAE