Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, Coimbatore: Support for Flood Cause #KeralaFloodRelief2018
Natural calamity can’t be predicted but certainly, have a catastrophic effect on mankind. In such a scenario, more helping hands bring more relief for victims. Students are the most important pillar and supportive assets during such unwanted events.
And with the advancement of digital technology, reaching out to students for volunteering is easier and faster. In addition to this, being technically-savvy helps them leverage these technologies in an effective manner.
Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham ran a campaign to support Kerala flood victims. Students were involved in arranging relief camps, providing food & shelter and other facilities. It is quite inspiring how the institute raised fund for flood victims and contributed to the state-run relief camp.
- To promote the KERALA flood relief and support campaign on social media.
- To increase financial support from the donors for flood victims.
- To promote Institute student’s involvement in the relief campaign
Run a campaign to gain support from the audience and reach a large number of people for various financial and other supports.
- Involved student community club (AYUDH) in the relief campaign.
- Created a social media awareness about support campaign.
- Launched a Mobile app to donate the money directly and other updates regarding the the progress.
- Video stories about the relief camp at Amrita University.
Hashtags: #KeralaFlood2018 #KeralaFloodRelief
Promotion of the campaign for the relevant stakeholders
- Individual and Corporate
Social Media Platform Used: YouTube, Facebook, and Twitter
The straight and simple approach was to reach out audience over YouTube, Twitter and Facebook. Twitter has been chosen to reach corporate and professionals. YouTube and Facebook were chosen to reach out to students and volunteers. This unique initiative was aimed to bring the best of pedagogical development in higher education, where student support initiative helped save hundreds of lives.
Unique Digital Proposition
The buzz has been created for increasing the number of volunteers and support for the campaigns. The campaign was launched in support of CMOKerala initiative. The post has been shared on Twitter tagging CMO Kerala.
Social Media Wave
A highlighting post related to volunteering by students of Amrita. This contributed to overall increase in the reach over social media platforms.
- Post about students involved in the campaigns.
- Post related to awareness about the mobile app “AmritaKripa”
“18% of Institute use social media for social cause initiatives in India”
5th ASMA India Trends Study 2018. Download it here >
Facebook was chosen to address the issues at large, seeking support from different parts of cities and country.
- Post about helpline facility available at the campus were created.
- Post thanking and appreciating efforts of the people were created.
The AYUDH, student’s community club has been working for relief campaign and videos about the hard work of the students have been shared on YouTube.